Present: Rose, Josh, Charles, Alex ( Jeff Martin on vacation )
AGENDA for 1/12/16: - Notes in COLORS
Discussion - UCCSC - announced for mid July 2016 - no website yet though
1. Significant UC Next Release just before break – Josh to go over new features/fixes
a. Release notes are here: https://github.com/universityofcalifornia/NeXt/releases/tag/1.0.38=
2. Update on UC Next Shibboleth status (Shibboleth status) - Charles McIntryre
3. Update on CHEF re-work – Shibb Auth Bridge– Josh Selsky
Discussion - how do we get the word out?
Social media - Rose did some work with Twitter over the break - would be good to get someone to regularly look at the ideas and projects on the site - and then tweet about them... One thing to note is that information should probably be "publicly available" if its on twitter.... - There is NOW a twitter feed on the homepage of NEXT
4. Feedback from UCSD - from a Communications person:
Thinking is that we should do a few more things to make the purpose of the site "known" or more consumable on the HOME PAGE:
1) USe a hero Story on the homepage
2) Make sure that the CALL to ACTION is Clear on the homepages and elsewhere...
Add some text that says things like: "Pitch your great idea" , "Add your Event" or "Get Involved"
3) Consider use of small photos on the homepage
AREAS of the site that need more explanation:
1) The GROUPS Page needs an intro - too much ambiguity
2) The People page needs an intro
DEV PRIORITY - concept of WORKFLOW - or outcome
1) How do we show the Ideas that become Projects - that become OPERATIONS...
5. Events Planning
a. UCCSC – is early this year – July 10th – 12th at UC Santa Cruz
b. at least one North and one South
- South Sponsor – ??? UCLA or UCI
- North Sponsor - ?
Agenda - FOR the EVENTs...
1. ½ day workshop
2. ½ day Ted Talk
6. Go over New Charge edits and suggestions: https://spaces.ais.ucla.edu/display/ucctg/Home#Home-charge
7. Feature Updates and plan for Priority gathering
8. Call to Action for more UC Next Leadership Participation
a. Social Media Leader Volunteer?
b. Documentation Leaders Volunteer?
c. Co-Project Manager to work with Josh Volunteer?
d. Accessibility Testing Volunteer?
e. Public Relations Writer and Manager?
f. UC Next Event (HOST?) Planning Volunteers? - WOULD BE GREAT to get a TEAM to do this....